FAQS (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. What types of cakes can you make?
Sweet Delights By Vicki specializes in Wedding Cakes and Custom Creations. Every cake we make is custom made to order from start to finish. We make classic, premium, and specialty cakes for all occasions, from pound cakes to sheet cakes, including flavored cheesecakes and multi-tier wedding cakes. You have a wide range of flavors and fillings from which to choose, so we can essentially make any type of cake you want. Visit our "Services" page for more information.
2. How do I order a custom cake?
Think about what would be fun, creative, and really say something about the person who you are getting the cake for. Does he or she play any sports? Musical instruments? What are their hobbies? What is your child's favorite cartoon character or toy? Anything you can think of, we can possibly make into a cake. After you have an idea of what you would like, email us at
info@sweetdelightsbyvicki with the following information:
• The date of the event
• What you have in mind for the design. The more specific, the better. (Please don't just say "sports themed"...) We are creative, but we need a specific point from which to start.
• Whether it will be picked up or delivered. (please include pick-up/delivery time and/or delivery location)
• How many people you will need the cake to feed.
Once we receive all of the necessary information we will email you a price quote.
3. When should I place the order for my cake?
Please allow three (3) days for basic/classic cakes. For premium and specialty (decorated) cakes, please allow at least
one (1) week. Wedding cakes should be ordered at least 3-5 weeks in advance.
4. What is the pricing for your custom cakes?
Undecorated layer cakes start at $25 for the cake. Decorated cakes start at
$3 – $4 a serving. The overall price is determined by the complexity of the design along with how much detail and time would go into the construction of your cake.
5. What is your payment policy?
For orders over $50 a 50% non-refundable deposit is required to reserve the date for the cake. The remainder is due at the time of pickup or delivery.
6. What forms of payment do you accept?
Payment can be made by cash, check, credit or debit card.
7. I have dietary restrictions. Can you help?
We do offer e gluten-free yellow cake. We are also working on other gluten-free recipes.
8. Do you make deliveries, or must I have my order picked up?
We make deliveries UP TO ONE (1) HOUR driving distance from Hoschton, Georgia.
9. Is there a delivery charge?
The delivery charge not only covers our time and fuel costs, but set-up as well. Some cakes requiring elaborate set-ups may be subject to an increased set-up and delivery charge. Prices range from $30 for local deliveries to $100 plus for distant deliveries.
10. Do you ship your cakes/products?
At this time we do not ship. We are currently working with shipping companies in order to be able to ship specific products in the future.
11. How long has Sweet Delights by Vicki been in business?
Although I have over 30 years baking experience, Sweet Delights By Vicki has officially been in business since 2009. Vicki learned the fine art of cake decorating from one of the best in the industry – Chef Nichloas Lodge who designed Princess Diana’s wedding cake.
12. Do you offer any guarantees?
Sweet Delights By Vicki is focused on providing high-quality service and customer satisfaction. We do everything we can to meet your expectations, and make your special occasion memorable.
» Scroll to top!