YOU KNOW ABOUT WOMEN AND THEIR MEDICAL CONDITIONS?
1. Who are the primary doctors responsible for
the medical care of women?
2. What are the common conditions that make them visit the Obstetrician/
3. When should you schedule a visit to the Obstetrician/ Gynecologist?
4. How do you prepare for a visit with your doctor?
5. Where on the Internet, can you find reliable and accurate information
about your condition?
In ‘Letters to My Sisters’ you will learn the answers
to these questions and a whole lot more. This book discusses Pap Smears,
Gynecological Exams, Annual Exams, Uterine Fibroids, Endometriosis,
Bacterial Vaginosis, Yeast Infections, Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, Herpes,
Polyeystic Ovary Syndrome, Obesity, Cardiovascular Disease, Health
and Fitness and other conditions that affect women.
In a series of witty, yet straightforward letters, Dr. Osuagwu addresses
some of the common problems and conditions that make women visit their
obstetrician/ gynecologist. These letters, all educational, offer
suggestions on what approaches to take in dealing with medical and
other issues that typically bring women to an obstetrician/gynecologist.
The letters are spiced with art, a poem and quotes.
The second half of the book briefly discusses the most common gynecological
conditions and also provides an overview of sexually transmitted infections.
Extensive web resources are provided that discusses in depth the different
topics in the book. The materials included in this book should make
women better consumers of healthcare services.